Beginning in 2018, ITAG began sharing its quarterly newsletter electronically. We will be sharing links to individual articles in this space. From 2007 through mid-year 2018, ITAG released the newsletter as a PDF. Those newsletters are shared in their entirely below. If you are interested in being on the ITAG mailing list and receiving the newsletter, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest edition of the newsletter- June 2020, Professional Development theme. The June 2020 newsletter also included a reprint of Professional Development for Teachers and School Counselors: Empowering a Change in Perception and Practice of Acceleration, written by Dr. Laurie Croft and Dr. Susannah Wood for A Nation Empowered: Evidence Trumps the Excuses Holding Back America’s Brightest Students (2015).
Topics in gifted education during the time of COVID-19
- NAGC blog- Adjusting Identification Services for the 2020-2021 School Year in the Time of COVID
- NAGC webinar- Meeting the Needs of Gifted Learners at a Distance – A Focus on Grades 4-8
- NAGC collection of resources- Teaching Online: Best Practices, Technology & Tools
- Collections of resources from NAGC, Texas Association for the Gifted, Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth, Kentucky Association for Gifted Education
- SENG hosted multiple Webinars during the Spring 2020 school shutdown.
- Self-care for educators
- Molly Rathe, School Therapist, Tanager Place School Based Program, Building Resiliency and Managing Stress Relating to Pandemic
- Recording of self-care Webinar co-sponsored by the Belin-Belin Center and ITAG. Taking Care of Yourself While Reaching Out to Others with Susannah Wood, PhD, and Emily Kircher-Morris, LPC. Recording from Tuesday, April 21, 2020. Includes resource list prepared by the presenters.
- The Surprising Power of Social Connection, a Webinar with Dr. Nick Epley
Gifted education in Iowa
- Belin-Blank Center for Gifted Education at the University of Iowa
- Office for Precollegiate Programs for Talented and Gifted (OPPTAG)- Iowa State University
- Coe College
- For math-talented students and their teachers
- National Association for Gifted Children
- Davidson Institute for Talented Development
- Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG)
- See Iowa facilitators for SENG Model Parent Group Facilitators (SMPG)
- Council for Exceptional Children- The Association for Gifted (CEC-TAG)
- Hoagies’ Gifted Education Page